on a weeknight at almost 10pm? Yep, it is 9:30pm and my phone is ringing again. Now anyone in the network marketing or MLM world realizes that’s no big deal, right. I’m a team player and I support my peeps, but when it is the same associate asking the same questions over and over, needless to say it can become frustrating, but I digress.
With a frustrated tone he said, he has followed our step by step process and training and just can’t get his website to rank any higher or bring the grade up whatsoever. My first question to him was “what was the last thing you posted in your blog”? I think I knew the problem by his response…he had none, he could not remember the last post or change he had made. He thought his last post was 3 weeks ago approximately.
So, I took him back to the 5 Secret SEO Tricks-Class 101:
- In the Beginning Target Long Tailed Keywords-Starting out in this business can be frustrating to say the least. When you are shooting for going the route of article or video marketing, having a site that ranks well is half the battle. Competing with the big boys than can afford to pour huge amounts of money into web master and blog services that just specialize in Secret SEO Tricks, well is like banging your head against the wall.
- Blog & Website Navigation-Most people just pay this no mind whatsoever. Why? Probably because unless you are the techie type, it can be a royal pain and overwhelming to boot if you are doing it yourself. Search engines spiders are grumpy and testy to say the least. They don’t like a lot of images, streaming anything, or flash which causes slow loading of your sites. Remember, we live in an instant gratification society, so you better be bringing the value fast and furious!
- Search Engines Love Links-Outbound links will show the spiders your not just an everyday company replicated site. It proves to them that your site has some value and that you’re playing the game like it should be played. You are not just a *skeleton* of a site. Inbound links they love as long as they come from reputable sources. Too many people waste time getting links from every Tom, Dick & Harry site in the beginning, and don’t get me wrong inbound links are like gold, but only when they come from higher ranking sources. When higher ranking sites link to yours, it tells the search engines that, hey we believe this site has something to offer of value.
- New Original Content-One of the mistakes I made starting out was that I was only making posts that were directly related to my industry or niche and I wasn’t making them often enough. People need a reason to come back and catchy content and sometimes just a consistent flow will do it. Also, the fact that every time a search engine crawls your site and sees the amount of good, recurring content, well you’ve heard the saying, content is king, right?
- Your Inbound Links Being Unrelated-Google is getting smarter every day. Their system was really designed to see links coming to your site ordinarily. If your site theme is mainly about miniature beagle puppies and breeders and you just purchased 1000 links from a link service that all came from the same site not related to dogs, dog food, breeders, or something related, then Google’s horn will start sounding and you may find yourself getting slapped around by the Google Gods.
We got off the phone and he was calmer and agreed he should give it more TLC. One of the great things about having an MLM or network marketing business is that usually there is only one person to blame if things don’t go as planned, and that person is looking back at you every morning when you’re brushing your teeth.
The fact is that unless you have thousands to spend on this stuff, you might as well dive in and learn it. Being responsible for your own Secret SEO Tricks is one of the keys to on line success and who really wants that in the hands of others anyway when it gets down to it. If you would like to be taken to You Tube to learn more then follow this link Secret SEO Tricks to see a video from an industry expert